- (forthcoming). “Digital Materiality and the Shaping of Balinese Religio-Cultural Imaginaries.” in Emily S. Clark and Rachel M. Lindsey eds. Digital Humanities and Material Religion: An Introduction, Series on Religion and Digital Humanities, Berlin: De Gruyter Press.
- 2020. “Devotion as Efficacious Intimacy on the Home Alta.r” in Urmila Mohan and Laurence Douny eds., The Material Subject: Rethinking Bodies and Objects in Motion. Routledge.
- 2020. Douny and Mohan, “Introduction: Subjects, their Bodies, and their Objects.” in Urmila Mohan and Laurence Douny eds., The Material Subject: Rethinking Bodies and Objects in Motion. Routledge.
- 2020. “Religion and Ritual: The Modern Religio-colorscape.” In Anders Steinvall and Sarah Street, eds. A Cultural History of Color in the Modern Age, London: Bloomsbury.
- 2019. “The Power of Fabrication: Reflections on Curating Balinese Textiles.” Material Religion 15(1): 263-266.
- 2018. Clothing as Devotion in Contemporary Hinduism, Brill Research Perspectives in Religion and the Arts.
- 2018. Fabricating Power with Balinese Textiles. University of Chicago Press/BGC.
- 2017. “Clothing as a Technology of Enchantment: Gaze and Glaze in Hindu Garments” Magic, Ritual, and Witchcraft 12(1): 225-244.
- 2017. “Review of Lamak. Ritual Objects in Bali, by Francine Brinkgreve.” Anthropos 112(2): 647-648.
- 2017. “Looms are good to think with!” Bard Graduate Center (Online Research Forum)
2017. 'When Krishna Wore a Kimono: Deity Clothing as Rupture and Inefficacy' in Carroll, Jeevendrampillai, Parkhurst and Shackelford (eds.) When Things Do Wrong: Anthropologies of Material Failure, London: Bloomsbury.
in Cox, R. and Callan, H. (ed.) International Encyclopedia of Anthropology: Anthropology Beyond Text,
Vol. 12, New York: Wiley Blackwell.
- 2015. "Dressing God: Clothing as Material of Religious Subjectivity in a Hindu Group', Kuchler and Drazin (eds.) The Social Life of Materials: Studies in Materials and Society, London: Bloomsbury..
- 2015. 'Productive (Dis)orientation: Being Made and Unmade in the Field', Anthropology News, Society for Humanistic Anthropology, AAA, May 2015.
- 'Designing Diaspora: The Culture of Indian Diasporic Clothing', The Trellis, National Institute of Design, India, June 2011.
- 'Moving Home', Exhibition Catalog, Hunterdon Art Museum, Clinton, NJ, 2010.
- ‘Slonim Revisited: Images of Home in Emmett Leader’s Art’, Ceramics Art & Perception, June 2008.
- ‘Laying the Foundation for a New Tradition: Japanese Contemporary Ceramics’, Terracotta Online Magazine, January 2007.
- ‘Aliens in their own land’, Video, 20 mins, Xavier Center for Culture and Communication, India, 1998.
- ‘Yatra (A Journey)’, Publicity Video for Shilpgram Cultural Festival, Government of India, 1995.
- 'Inter-reflexiveness of Art and Design', Colloquium Paper, National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, India, October 1998.